Friday, May 28, 2004

Speakers

So I (finally) got myself a semi-decent set of speakers for the computer: a second-hand set of Altec Lansing Select 4100s (reviews here and here). Very cool looking, and they seem to sound fairly good. Managed to pick them up for $A130 as well, which I'm happy with, considering they're $A330ish new.

The 4.1 thing is a little pointless at this stage as I'm only driving them from my laptop's stereo output, but they have nice little switch on them to duplicate the front channels to the rear chennels, so you can get sound coming out of all 4 speakers with only stereo input. Lovely.

What I want to know is, how do game systems like the XBox claim to have Dolby 5.1 output when they've only got stereo RCA outputs? stereo != 5.1, last time I checked.

But I digress. The speakers are very cool, and I suspect I'm driving Sarah nuts with the sub already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home