Monday, November 08, 2004

Books, books and more books

Weeee :) I bought 36 books on the weekend, many of which I'm not going to get the time to read for years. Bliss!

I won't publish an exhaustive list (too long, can't be bothered). The summary is:

  • All ten of the Wheel Of Time series by Robert Jordan
  • Raymond E Feist's Riftwar & Serpentwar sagas (and related books, like the Krondor: series and the Empire Trilogy)
  • David Eddings - The Rivan Codex and The Tamuli (single volume edition)
  • A bunch of Tolkien extras, like Unfinished Tales, The Silmarillion, and other Middle-earth lore & history
So yes, I am a huge nerd. Unapologetically.

Also on the book front, I just started reading Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss. Yes, I'm one of those people who find misplaced apostrophes to be a hangable offence. This book is utterly hilarious.

4 Comments:

Blogger Saemon said...

Man - you have been busy! Does that mean that when I am not on line 24/7 like I have been in this recovery mode that you get some (a) work done and (b) blogging done, and (c) buy a stack of books!?! Good luck with the Robert Jordan books - I own 9 of the 10, and have not been able to get past book 8 - I have forgotten what happened in books 1-5, and it makes no sense. The David (and Leigh) Eddings books are worth the read!! Good stuff. I also recommend you have a look at anything by Melanie Rawn (except for the stuff she wrote with others - not as good), like the Dragon Price and Dragon Star trilogies.

Go the blog site - thanks for the comments on my discussion that didn't take off!!

12:50 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

I've read, er, 7 or so of the RJ books before (loved em), but I've heard the more recent ones are, well, mostly crap. I've been holding off re-reading the series until a couple more books come out so I can read the whole lot from scratch and actually have a decent amount of new material when I get to the end of the stuff I've already read.

I always forget the "and Leigh" bit of David and Leigh Eddings. I first read The Belgariad waaay back in the day when she didn't get a credit, so it always slips my mind. I'm looking forward to The Rivan Codex, and I've read The Tamuli a couple of times - never owned it though. I've got the single volume edition of The Elenium, so this should go along with it nicely.

1:09 pm  
Blogger Saemon said...

I could have leant you the Rivan Codex - it is currently residing with Rose. She borrowed way back during DDP 2002/2003 - about the time she borrowed Sarah G's CDs.

I will have to collect when I am in town in December - keep Thursday night December 9th free for a possible Birthday dinner for me!!!

2:20 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Dec 9th, in my diary. yay :)

2:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home