Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Browser share

So according to the stats I've got for my site (a free counter from sitemeter.com), about 33% of you are using some kind of mozilla.org product (firefox being the biggest group with 28%). That.s cool.

There's still almost 60% of you that read my blog who are using Internet Explorer! Dammit, haven't I taught you any better! Firefox is about to release version 1.0, which is going to kick more ass even than the current version does. If you're not using it already, get yourselves over to getfirefox.com and download it. It's only about 4.5 mb (that's pretty quick even on a modem), and it's more secure, quicker, and just plain nicer than IE. It imports all your IE settings for you when you install it, so you won't have to worry about losing favourites, passwords, fomr data, anything like that.

(The more astute among you may have noticed that those stats don't quite add up to 100%. Well, apprently I get enough hits from Safari, Netscape 3 (!) and Konqueror to make up 7% of my total. Impressive. While the 30% mozilla thing is pretty cool, I'm hardly a representative sample of the web, given that I've had, er, 318 total visitors since June. My readership is huuuuuge!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home