Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Firefly on Australian TV

I couldn't get to sleep last night (Sarah's away, I'm always like that when she's not here), so to combat my irritation at not being able to sleep, I got up and turned on the TV. Lo and behold, Firefly! Yay! I didn't ever think it'd get shown on Australian TV, and to be honest, it might as well not be; could it be buried any further by channel seven? It's on in the 1am timeslot, on a week night, during the summer-crap-TV-period. Nice one.

I've mentioned Firefly before, briefly. It was a sci-fi/western hybrid written and created by Joss Whedon (the guy responsible for Buffy and Angel), and it had great characters and dialog, typical of Joss Whedon. It really was a great show, but it got buried by its parent network in the US (kept on getting moved around in timeslots, got shown out of order (so made little sense), things like that) and it eventually got cancelled after only 11 shows. They ended up making 14 episodes and they released them on DVD, which is how I got into it. On the good news front, There's a movie being released late next year, which I'm really looking forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home