Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I'm back! (Brain Dump #3)

After a long hiatus, I'm back on board. Sorry about the lack of activity around here! Anyway, since my last post (was it really that long ago!) I have:

  • Sat the final exam of my degree
  • Artificial Intelligence can bite me. Interesting topic, and I enjoyed the programming side of it, but boy was I nervous about the result of this exam. I studied lots of the wrong stuff - I focussed on algorithms, code, deep applications of concepts and a lot of search stuff, but the lecturer1 asked lots of high-level, open, philosophical-type questions, unfortunately. I breezed through the couple of code questions, then sat and quietly bashed my head against the table trying to answer the essay questions. In the end it wasn't as bad as I had expected (more info coming, stay tuned).

  • Had a week's break
  • Didn't go anywhere or anything, just managed to take some time off work (it's a hard thing to do when you're self-employed). Sarah and me were house-sitting, so we spent lots of time doing holiday things, like just sitting on the balcony, learning how to play backgammon, reading (got through The DaVinci Code and the first Wheel Of Time book), walking, and just relaxing. I was so looking forward to this time off and I am feeling so much better for it.

  • Looked at some office spaces
  • We (iugo) are moving into a new office next year, and we've decided on where we're going to go. More info coming soon.

    Wow, is that all I've done? I have to have done more than that in (almost) a month...

    Oh yeah.

  • Saemon's Birthday tea
  • Yum. Heaps nice to catch up with Saemon and Casey and Rose :) Cold Rock, thou shalt be the death of me. (Also, A hex on thee for thine gratuitous use of Comic Sans. There's just no excuse.)


    1. You have no idea how often I had to stop myself from ending every sentence I said to him with "...Mr Powers" in a Dr Evil voice ;)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home