Monday, January 03, 2005

Christmas review

Ahh, Christmas. I had lots of fun this year. We (Sarah and I) spent christmas eve down at her Nana's place in Goolwa (Sarah's Uncle and Aunty are down from London at the moment, which is great fun). Christmas morning we went to a service at Goolwa Church Of Christ (didn't really enjoy it, it must be said; it felt like it had been slapped together at the last moment and no-one could really be bothered). Christmas lunch was with Sarah's extended family, and I got roped into the Santa role, shuttling back and forth between the christmas tree and the recipients (bugger).

Then it was home to my mum & dad's place for tea with my family - 4 brothers, 3 partners, and some glowsticks. Great fun.

So all round, a very nice christmas.

Favourite moment of the day: Escaping with Sarah and sitting on the end of a jetty dangling my feet in the river :)

Favourite present: Lord Of The Rings, Return Of The King, Special Extended Edition (that completes my collection of the three extended edition DVDs of the LOTR movies, yay). Honourable mention: a Bonsai tree from Mum.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ho ho ho ! Welcome to the brotherhood of Those Who Have Donned The Red Suit ! Admittedly mine was during a carol singing trip around the Royal Adelaide Hospital about 6 or 7 years ago, and I suspect I'd probably "fit the suit" a little better these days... but anyway.

How wild are those extended LotR DVDs !? I just finished the third one last night. Awesome and yet arse-numbing at the same time (i.e. if you choose to watch more than one in a sitting).

J =)

11:22 pm  
Blogger The Merry Rose said...

Glad to hear you guys had a great Christmas, I have to admit that normally extended family things are not my cup of tea, but this year was pretty damn good.

Hope you both had a fantastic time on New Years. You guys need to come over one night.

Oh and you suck! I haven't gone and gotten the third one yet - is it any good???? I can't get mine until next week, which is when I get paid. Must tell me all about it!!!

1:43 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Yeah, the third one is fantastic. Plenty of added footage that, like the first one, adds lots of detail and story.

Highlights: an extended bit of The Voice Of Saruman; more of Faramir's backstory (inc. hooking up with Eowyn); more Seige of Gondor footage (massive battle == always good); more of The Paths Of The Dead; Confrontation between Gandalf and The Witch King; Sam & Frodo marching with the orcs; and The Mouth Of Sauron.

It's a fair marathon tho, 4hrs 10 mins. Definitely worth it, but as with the first film there's bits they could have left out. Overall, I love it :)

1:52 pm  
Blogger Saemon said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the Bens and Sarahs..anyway, as you are holding my girlfriend randsom, I thought I would post a commment - it also gets me out of the sun, which is frying my already SPF30+ coated skin!!!! Grrr - the curse of being fair.

LOTR Return of the King Extended DVD - Was Good, but they still buggered up the ending for mine. Where is the resolution?? So...did Faramir and Eowyn get married?, How did Legolas and Gimli get on?? Did Merry and Pippin make their union legal?? Come Pete Jackson!!! Make LOTR Part 3a - What Happened next!!! After all - You did shoot most of it (with the exception of the Merry & Pippin thing)

5:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home