Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Search terms

I've got a little stats monitoring thing on this blog (a free counter from sitemeter.com, in case you're interested, which I'm sure you're not). So anyway, one of the things the reports page shows me is the referring URLs to this site - i.e. the links people clicked on to get here. These are often results from search engines, so I can see what terms people search for; normally it's things like "deskjet 3650 linux" or "fedora usb printer" (thanks to my post about printing via cups). But, in the last week, I've had a couple of really weird ones -

Now really. Reindeer Breaders?? (By which I assume they meant "breeders".) First of all, that's just an odd thing to be searching for, and second, how the hell did I get to be in those search results! (It of course linked to my post about welding reindeer.)

As for the second one...all I can say is that it's a really unfortunate combination of words on This archive page. Not my fault, honest!

Ahh, the Internet. Where stupidity is always the rule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home